Ok so I’m bored and I feel like writing about something other than my obsession with symptoms or my mom’s cancer. So I thought I’d share a few things about myself.
1) I am shy. I over think and analyze everything I say and worry that I’m going to sound dumb. Much of the time I analyze so much that the conversation has passed before I finally decide what to say. I much prefer writing to speaking. It comes naturally and I could go all day long. You don’t have to pull written words out of me like you do spoken. I want to be your friend, but a lot of the time I just don’t know what to say.
2) I am a hypochondriac. In gym class in high school my P.E. teacher got so tired of my self-diagnosed reasons to not participate, that he finally gave up and I worked the stop-watch for most of my high school career. And this was before the internet, when I had to use a medical dictionary.
3) I’ve always wanted to live in a big city loft. But life didn’t take me there. I’m finally ok with that.
4) I’m a Scorpio and I fit the description to a ‘T’. Read about me sometime and then decide if you still want to be my friend.
5) My favorite feature about me is my hair. It’s the only thing I can honestly say that I love about my physical self.
6) I have a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature and a Master’s Degree in Education. I started community college in 1997 and finally finished all my schooling in 2010. It was a long road.
7) I am NOT a morning person. Please don’t talk to me until I have had time to wake up, stretch, check my emails and catch up on celebrity gossip on TMZ.
8) My mother-in-law still makes me nervous.
9) I am an insomniac. Its quite a thing for me if I fall asleep before midnight or wake up less than 3 times throughout the night. Mostly I blame my husband and his snoring.
10) I only watch comedies. I am not emotionally capable of a drama. This started when I was a child. Bambi? Once. Dumbo? Once. When I was young I actually hid my kid brother’s copy of The Land Before Time because I couldn’t handle how sad it made me.
11) I love Mexican food and Italian food but am not that huge of a fan of meat. I Love pinot grigio and lemon drop martinis.
12) My first car was a 1982 Mercedes S-Class. This was in 1996. It was huge, the windows didn’t roll down and I had to plug it in to keep the deisel engine warm, even though I live in Southern California. When I spent the night at my best friend’s house I used to have to run an extension cord from her bedroom window to the street where my car was parked so that I could start it and get home in the morning.
13) I learned to drive a stick shift in the pouring rain on a day I had to get to school for a final exam and my car wouldnt start. I had to go 20 minutes distance on both the freeway and on side streets. Nothing like diving right in.
14) My life long dream has always been to be a writer but I am terrified that I will finally write it all down and I will suck and then I will have bared my soul and set all my dreams on something I am terrible at.
15) I am obsessed with the 1920s. My favorite book is The Great Gatsby. I love Hemingway. If I could travel back in time I think I’d join the expatriates in Paris.