Infertility and miscarriage are horrible, awful things that no one should have to deal with. There is NOTHING good about either of them. HOWEVER, in an effort to be POSITIVE today, I have compiled a list of things that are good about not being pregnant. Now don’t get me wrong, Im not trying to be callous or sarcastic or anything else like that, I’m just trying to get through. I’m trying to add up the positives in my life right now and make them equal something good…So here goes…
- Not peeing 4 times a night
- Not throwing up 4 times a day
- Pinot Grigio
- Running until my side cramps..This is special due to the fact that during the infertility treatments I was not allowed to exersize. I did not exercise for 3 months. I now get cramps and I get huffy and puffy but I love it, because I am running again.
- Boating (not that I’ve gone yet this summer, but I CAN)
- Wakeboarding (not that I’ve done it yet this summer, but again, I CAN)
- Skinny Vanilla Lattes, Read: caffiene + artificial sweetner=double whammie NO NO during treatments
- My pants are starting to fit me again. I got FAT. Nobody told me that I’d gain 12 (TWELVE!) pounds from the meds I was shooting in belly every day. I still have the belly, but its getting smaller. I can live with that.
- No Progesterone. That was probably the worst part of it. The pills, not so bad. The suppositories, no fun. The side effects (eg: uh, oh, is that a pregnancy or a progesterone symptom?) CRAP.
There. I came up with TEN good things about NOT being pregnant. True, I could come up with about 1000 BAD things about not being pregnant, but not today. Today Im going to try to be positive. I have to counteract yesterday’s pity party.
Here are some other things NOT pregnancy or Infertility related that I have to touch on:
- Kardashian. WHO CARES? I’m SICK of the Kardashian wedding, the Kardashian family, all things Kardashian. When you are listening to CNN on the radio and they take it to Kardashian wedding coverage, you know that we, as a country, are inBIG trouble.
- Hurricane Irene. I am nowhere near it but it is stressing me out, as I keep getting Twitter updates from my new storm chaser that I am following.